Other languages: 한국어
This page is a temporary home for Sonorous, a free software music video game written in Rust.
You need a video card and appropriate driver capable of DirectX 9.0 and Pixel Shader 2.0 to use a graphical interface. If it still doesn't work, install DirectX Runtimes June 2010 and try again. (Tip: If you are able to run WebGL, you probably have an appropriate environment.)
- 0.1.0-pre (2014-07-08) (commits): Introduced the new skin system, used for every user interface excluding the play screen (pending). The metadata is cached to the database when
-D dbpath option is given, so the list of BMSes gets loaded very quickly after the initial loading.
- 0.1.0-pre (2014-01-31) (commits): More correct #BGA support. Binary size optimization (no more external DLL dependency in Windows). Requires Rust 0.10-pre from this point (using nightlies is recommended); multi-byte paths are now supported as a side effect.
- 0.1.0-pre (2013-11-18) (commits): Fixed several loading errors. #BMP and #BGA namespaces are now distinct and #BGA works for movies. (There is a known issue with #BMPs larger than 256×256.) SQLite has been added as a dependency and MD5 calculation has been added for the use with it.
- 0.1.0-pre (2013-11-13) (commits): Automatic character encoding detection. Grading line now appears on the playing screen and the appearance of long notes have been changed.
- 0.1.0-pre (2013-10-13) (commits): Addition of the selecting screen and play result screen. Support for #SUBTITLE, #SUBARTIST, #COMMENT, #DIFFICULTY and #BANNER has been added. More parsing diagnostics have been added.
- 0.1.0-pre (2013-10-09) (commits): Optimizations on the loading screen. Windows users will see tenfold performance boost. Requires Rust 0.8 from this point.
- 0.1.0-pre (2013-09-17) (commits): Internal restructuring necessary for full-featured game. No external changes.
- 0.1.0-pre (2013-07-24) (commits): Some diagnostics for problematic BMS files have been added, headless exclusive mode (
-X) now sounds correctly in Windows.
- 0.1.0-pre (2013-07-22): Initial snapshot.
Sonorous, being one of the first serious softwares written in Rust, has spawned several Rust libraries for the greater use. If Sonorous seems to be in hiatus, it is likely that these projects are actively being developed instead.
Copyright © 2005, 2007, 2009, 2012, 2013, Kang Seonghoon. A part of cosmic.mearie.org.